APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 11, 2022
With a growing demand for post-production management, post-production supervisors have a key role in the successful delivery of projects. The purpose of the program is to provide long-term guidance to up to 6 selected post-production supervisors, coordinators and junior professionals in production companies who handle post. With 6 one-to-one sessions with mentors and occasional group sessions throughout the year, the program is designed to upskill participants to become more competent in managing projects and their professional practice, and help them take a next step in the career.
The APostLab Mentorship Program very well complements APostLab’s regular 6-day Annual Workshop that boosts participants’ ambitions and careers, and provides extended support to mentorees to become more confident and prepared to work independently and take on more responsibility.
Lead mentors of the program are post-production supervisors Niko Remus (Germany) and Neeltje van der Heijden (The Netherlands). Based on participants’ professional needs and interest, mentorees will have the opportunity to attend sessions with further post-production specialists from the industry.
The program is adapted to the starting level of each participant, and consists of regular exchange with experienced post supervisors from APostLab and other trainers from the workshops. Mentoring sessions address wide a wide range of topics in post-management and target key professional skills, such as:
- Working as a freelancer in the film business
- Learning to manage and support creative processes
- Budgeting and quoting early on
- Connecting the workflow to budgeting; and both to scheduling
- Understanding deliverables and learning to negotiate these prior to signing contracts
- Understanding the impact of financing for post-production
- Finding and defining the role of a post supervisor within the structure of a given project
- Understanding the role of the post supervisor in VFX heavy projects and the division to the tasks of the VFX supervisor
- Building a network of freelancers and vendors to supply each project accordingly
- Budgeting the project and budgeting your own time
With a year-long professional coaching, the APostLab Mentorship Program provides continuous feedback and engagement for participants, and is designed to further support and guide professional aspirations of selected participants.
The meetings with mentors and the group sessions are conducted in English and take place online.
The sessions will take place between September 2022 and June 2023.
The time and date of the meetings are decided by the mentors and mentorees together.
The program is open for up to 6 participants, primarily for
- post-production supervisors and
- post-production coordinators working independently or at a post house,
- and those who handle post in a production company.
All applicants should be involved with a feature film or documentary project throughout the program.
The APostLab Mentorship Program is a side program to the APostLab Annual Workshop. Mentorees in the Mentorship Program can also participate in the Annual Workshop without having to apply.
The participation fee for the year-long programme is 400 EUR (+ VAT if applicable). This includes online meetings with the mentors.
To apply to the APostLab Mentorship Programme, please fill in our application form and upload a
- latest CV
- motivation letter
- company information (if applicable)
The application deadline is September 11th 2022. APostLab’s selection committee will review the applications, and shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview in the mid-September. Selection results will be announced by Friday, September 23 rd , 2022.
The APostLab Mentorship Program is supported by Creative Europe MEDIA