The call for applications for the APostLab Mentorship Program is closed. The mentorship sessions will take place online from November 2023 to June 2024
With a growing demand for post-production management, supervisors have a key role in the successful post management of projects. The purpose of the program is to provide 8-months coaching to post-production supervisors, coordinators, producers and professionals who handle post. Alumni of previous annual workshops may apply.
The program provides monthly one-to-one sessions combined with group sessions throughout the year, the program is designed to upskill participants to become more competent in managing projects and their professional practice and help them take a next step in their career.
The APostLab Mentorship Program complements the APostLab’s 6-day Annual Workshop by providing extended support to mentees in their day-to-day work but also in their individual professional growth. Lead mentors of the program are post-production supervisors Niko Remus (Germany) and Neeltje van der Heijden (The Netherlands).
The program is adapted to the starting level of each participant. Mentoring sessions will address a wide range of topics in post-management and target key professional skills depending on personal preferences and needs. Possible topics of the mentorship program:
- Working as a freelancer in the film community
- Learning to manage and support technical & creative processes
- Budgeting and quoting early on
- Connecting the workflow to budgeting and scheduling
- Understanding deliverables and learning to negotiate these prior to signing contracts
- Understanding the impact of financing for post-production
- Finding and defining the role of a post supervisor within the structure of a given project
- Understanding the role of the post supervisor in VFX heavy projects and the division to the tasks of the VFX supervisor
- Building a network of freelancers and vendors to supply each project accordingly
- Budgeting the project and budgeting your own time
With 8-month-long professional coaching, the APostLab Mentorship Program provides continuous feedback and engagement for participants, and is designed to further support and guide professional aspirations of selected participants.
The meetings with mentors and the group sessions are conducted in English and will take place online.
The sessions will take place between November 2023 and June 2024. The time and date of the meetings are decided by the mentors and mentees together.
The program is open for up to 4 participants, primarily for
- post-production supervisors – and coordinators working independently or at a post house, and producers and other professionals who handle post-production in general
All applicants should be involved with a feature film or series (fiction or documentary) throughout the program.
The APostLab Mentorship Program is a complementary program to the APostLab Annual Workshop. Mentees in the Mentorship Program can also participate in the following Annual Workshop without having to apply.
The participation fee for the year-long programme is 400 EUR (+ VAT if applicable). This includes online meetings with the mentors.
To apply to the APostLab Mentorship Program, please fill in our application form and upload a
- motivation letter
- company information (if applicable)
Applications are now closed.
The APostLab team will review the applications, and shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview. Selection results will be announced shortly afterwards.
The APostLab Mentorship Program is supported by Creative Europe MEDIA